What does the media player do?
It reads all audio and video formats of the market, but you must have the right codecs. We recommend to install:
- FFDSHOW (most video formats)
- Haali Media Splitter (containers of which MKV)
- Codecs Xiph.org (Ogg Vorbis, Speex, Theora, FLAC and WebM) (section Binaries → Windows 32/64-bit Installer)
It reads remote files :
- Sent on IM.
- From the remote folders (shared by my contacts).
- Conditions (for remote reading):
- A common format (MP3, WMA, AVI...).
- Having a sufficient bandwidth.
- Being authorized by the authors of media (cf. EULA).
It can be disabled to use my favourite media player (menu Options).